If your mom is a green thumb, give her a gift that supports her gardening adventures. From fresh flowers to a handmade gardening tote, these Mother’s Day gift ideas are perfect for spring.
Gift ideas for Mother’s Day:
Fresh flowers. Flowers are a classic Mother’s Day gift. Mother’s Day carnations have been the traditional choice for over 100 years, but a bouquet of her favorite blooms are sure to please. Consider giving a potted plant that she can enjoy indoors and later plant in the garden. Need ideas? Check out the best types of flowers for Mother’s Day.
Gardening gift basket. Use a cool gardening tote or basket that can later be used to collect harvested veggies and fill it with stylish gardening supplies. Pretty gardening tools, new gloves, and heirloom seeds will all be appreciated. See our product picks for a gift basket for gardeners.
The gift of gardening. The best gift for Mother’s Day? Family time together. If mom or grandma loves to get outside and garden, then give a homemade coupon book full of offers to help with gardening chores. Mom will totally appreciate help with weeding, raking, and mulching. Plus it’ll make for good quality time together.
Feeling crafty? Consider making a personalized gardening tote. It’s a great project to get the kids involved!
Mother’s Day Gardening Tote
Craft courtesy of Scribbleshop.com
- Canvas Tote
- Fabric Mod Podge
- Decorative fabric
- Pinking Shears
- Colorful Thread
- Paint Brush
- Colorful Sharpie Markers
- Colorful Buttons
- To start, layout the decorative fabric on a safe cutting surface. Cut out flowers, butterflies and other spring shapes with pinking shears and scissors.
- Layout all the pieces onto the canvas tote to create a happy spring scene design.
- One at a time, apply a thick layer of Mod Podge to the back of each of the pieces and place them into your design. Smooth out each piece onto the canvas with your fingertips and let dry for two hours.
- Once all of the pieces are dry, Mod Podge the top of the pieces. To seal your design, gently work the Mod Podge into the appliqué with your brush. This creates a nice shiny surface. Let dry for 2 hours.
- Using the colorful Sharpie markers, add detail onto your design and let your creativity soar!
- Sew colorful buttons onto the straps and present the gardening tote to Mom.