The holiday season is here! Every year, the debate resurfaces about whether to decorate with an artificial or real Christmas tree. If you’re going real, here are some tips to keep your tree healthy and happy through the new year.
Tips for caring for your Christmas tree:
- Choose a healthy tree. Don’t bring home a tree that is dropping green needles or has a musty smell.
- Cut the trunk before displaying. Ask the people at the tree lot to cut off about one inch from the base of the trunk. The fresh cut will help the tree better absorb water.
- Keep it out of the sun. If you’re not able to display it right way, keep it in a shady area until you’re able to set up your display.
- Water frequently. Cut trees can take up about 1 quart of water daily. Keep the stand full of cool water. A little sugar added to the water can help prolong the tree-’s useful life.
- Display safely. Don’t put your tree directly in front of a heater vent, and be careful with excessive lights. If the tree begins to appear dry, dispose of it immediately.
Follow these tips for choosing the perfect tree>>>