You can plant a garden to beautify your yard, but have you ever thought of growing certain plants to beautify yourself? Natural skin care and cosmetics are all the rage, and many of these natural beauty products are made using vegetables you can grow in your own garden.
Cucumber is a beauty powerhouse. They contain about 96 percent water and are an excellent re-hydrator for the body. They also contain vitamin C and a variety of essential minerals.
- Apply grated cucumber to the face and neck and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes to help prevent blackheads and pimples.
- Place cucumber slices over puffy, tired eyes to refresh them.
- Combine equal parts potato juice and cucumber juice to make a lotion to remove dark undereye circles. Apply to the eye area and rest for 15 minute before gently washing away.
While we’re on the subject of potato juice, try:
- Washing your face with potato juice to reduce wrinkles.
- Apply a dab of grated potato to blemishes to draw out oil and calm redness.
Tomatoes are another miracle beauty product, high in vitamin C and lycopene.
- Cut a tomato in half and rub it all over your face as a natural astringent.
- Apply tomato sauce or juice to your hair to enhance natural color.
- Mix up a facial mask from mashed tomato and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply the mixture to your face and let it dry for 10 minutes to reduce pore size.