If your backyard is looking a little lackluster but you just don’t have time to give it the attention it deserves, there’s still hope. Back-breaking effort isn’t the only path to a backyard makeover. Read on for some tips and shortcuts.
Here are some fast, effective ways to transform your yard. You may not even break a sweat!
- Use potted flowers to hide brown or dead patches in your lawn. Arrange the flowers (in their pots) over the area you want to conceal. Use short-rimmed pots with a heavy helping of mulch for an instant flower bed that looks like it’s growing from the ground.
- Use hanging planters and elevated potted plants to create a “room divider” for your yard. This is especially effective to hide ugly tool sheds.
- Can’t wait on grass seed? Lay out sod for an instant lawn. Remember, you will still need to water it.
- Use bricks or flat stones to create an easy path.
- Add a gazebo or fountain to an empty area of the yard for instant charm.
- Inexpensive solar lighting is a snap to install and can make your garden and yard look its best after dusk.
- Add pebbles or colored gravel to flowerbeds or planters for quick “rock gardens.”
- Use a raised bed or lasagna garden as an alternative to tilling the earth to create a garden bed.